Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Really Cool Event

I had the opportunity this week to participate in an event at our church. As the kick-off for our Women's Ministry they hosted an evening called "A Night at the Fair". They invited woman with home based businesses to show off their talents. Taylor was my assistant for this evening - and she was great.

I had the opportunity to meet so many amazing women from our church. Many of them gave testimonies about how God had blessed their lives through their business. I also think I made a few contacts for future embroidery parties - hurray!! I will try to post some pictures later.

One verse that I heard repeated many times was Phillippians 4:13 - I can do ALL things through Christ. How often I forget that it is through Him that I can succeed - not by my own power. I am constantly running around trying to fix things or make them happen in my time. But when I rest in Him and allow His will to prevail - I am at peace.

I am so glad that God chose to bring our family to 2 Rivers Church.

No comments: