Monday, November 9, 2009

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home...


Boy did Dorothy have that one right. I am so glad to be home. When we stepped off the plane in St Louis on Saturday night, I felt such a relief. By the time we made it to baggage claim, where my family and friends were waiting, I was sobbing. It felt so good to hug my husband and kids. I think Tessa grew 3 inches while I was gone. She seems so grown up. Trenton was glad to see mommy, but also very concerned about what I brought back for him. Tanner just wanted to hug Tia. She was a little shy at first, but then she began to warm up to them. Taylor is as always, the most amazing big sister. She is wonderful with Tia.


There were so many dear friends at the airport. Thank you to everyone who has supported and prayed for us during this journey - we could not have done it without you.


Since we have been home, things have been a little tiring. I am suffering from some serious jet lag. It is 4:34 am here in St Louis and Tia and I are eating pancakes. I would love to blame it on the baby, but I was awake long before her today. We will try to get some naps later today.


Today, we are visiting our pediatrician. She wanted to see Tia first thing when we got home. I will share more details about the visit tomorrow.


Glad to be home.....

7 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I'm so glad you are both home safe and sound! I pray you can get some sleep. That jet lag is a killer. I'm also continuing to pray for Tia as she adjusts to her new family. I'm so happy for all of you!

~Lynn

Alyson and Ford said...

Welcome home! Rest and good food will help with the adjustment..... hopefully you can be outside in some sunshine too.

Alyzabeth's Mommy

LaLa said...

Welcome Home!!! Try and rest when you can and take care of yourself too! Hope the doctor visit goes well.

I sent you an email about the auction...just let me know once you are rested : )

TanyaLea said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to see more photos of your homecoming and hear all about it. Praying that everything goes well at the Pediatrician's office!

So happy for all of you. Welcome home Sweet Tia!! :)

love and hugs,
~Tanya

Carrie said...

glad your home! Blessings!

Connie J said...

Welcome home, my friend! I miss you! Let's get together and have some lemon iced tea here in the USA!
Love you~
Connie

Gretchen said...

It was so good to meet you in China. Tia is so beautiful and sweet! I hope she is adjusting well at home. I can't wait to follow her transition and watch her grow!