Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wow - is it really November already?

It seems like the days are flying by lately. I am sure they will begin to slow down as we get closer to our baby girl. So much has happened lately, so grab a cup of coffee - you might be here a while.

First, Terry and I had a night away from the kids. To some of you this may not sound like a big deal, but to us it is huge. The last time we went away together was when we were adopting Tessa. Much like that time, we were attending our home study agencies training. Our agency is Adoption and Beyond and they are located in the Kansas City area. It was an amazing trip. We actually talked - without being interrupted. We laughed more than I think we have in months. You know the kind of laugh that makes your sides hurt.

Adoption & Beyond

My Best Friend

We also learned some new things at the training. We went in there thinking we were the seasoned pros at this adoption thing - but then realized we still have a lot of questions.

When we pulled into the parking lot, I started to cry. I guess it all became very real to me - We are adopting again. I know, not a news flash to all of you, but it really started to sink in. I feel so very humbled to be part of God's plan for this child's life.

My parents were kind enough to stay with the kids while we were away. I think this was some great spoiling time for the kids. They really love their grandparents. When we got home, Trenton started to cry, When I asked him what was wrong, he said he did not want Grandma to leave. I think my mom melted at that one. Thanks Mom & Dad, this really meant a lot to us.

Other updates - we will mail our home study packet to the agency tomorrow evening. We have struggled to get the last pieces together. The kids will have their physicals tomorrow afternoon and then we are done. hurray!!!

Then there is Halloween. This year we had Cinderella, Buzz Lightyear and Harry Potter join us for the holiday. They looked adorable. And boy did they bring in loads of candy. So much for the dieting... This year Taylor chose to stay at home and pass out candy. I think her favorite part is sampling her sister and brothers candy.


Another update is regarding the adoption ministry at our church. I had approached our Missions Pastor, Rick - about the possibility of starting an adoption support group at our church. He asked me to continue to pray about it and to study the book of Nehemiah. I must admit, eventhough I attended a Christian University, I could not recall any details from this book. So I started to read. It took me a few attempts, but I finished it. And now I totally get why he had me read this book. Nehemiah was rebuilding the wall of the city. He fought persecution, like I cannot even imagine - and he did not do it alone. It talks about all the different people who helped to build sections of the wall. It also speaks of how they had a hammer in one hand and a sword in the other. I have learned that I cannot do this ministry alone - I will need a lot of help. That brings me to my next point. God has placed some amazing women in my life lately. Two other families from our church are adopting from China. Right now, it seems like we are all about 1 month apart in the process. Tami and Jennifer are two super mom's. I feel so blessed that God has brought them into my life.

Well, I think that is about it for now. I will try to post more often, so as not to ramble on as much.

Till later,

No comments: