Thursday, August 20, 2009

Schools Days

It has been an exciting week. This is the first time we have ALL four kids in school. Needless to say, it is very hectic around here. Taylor is a sophomore, Tanner is in fifth grade, and Tess and Trenton are in Pre-Kindergarten.

That first day was pretty tough. I thought it would be easier to drop Taylor off at high school, since we went through all of that last year - but it was kind of tough - one me... I know, sad to say, but I got a little misty eye'd. I have a hard time seeing her grown up. We will soon be facing the fact that we have another driver in the house. I am not sure if I am ready for that one quite yet.
Tanner is in fifth grade -which is one of my favorite years. Our school district does a nature camp for the fifth graders. The kids spend one full week at a local camp learning environmental sciences. It also teaches them some very important responsibility lessons. The kids are tasked with keeping their cabins clean and doing chores while at camp. Taylor had a great time when she went. Tanner is also leaving this weekend for a weekend church camp. He is so excited!!!

Tess and Trenton are now in Pre-kindergarten. Tess was old enough for kindergarten this year, but we thought it would be best to have her wait one more year. They both have wonderful teachers. All of our kids have attend First Baptist Christian Academy. The staff and administration are wonderful!!!!
And Terry and I started back to school as well. I know, like we didn't have enough to do in our lives. Anyway, Terry is pursuing his second Masters - this one is in Procurement. I will be finishing my second Masters in May- this one is Management and Leadership and starting my Doctorate later this year.

So there will be a lot of homework going on at our home this year. Thank God for the weekends!

Till later....

3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Wow...you are one busy family!! ...and it's soon to get even busier when Tia joins you! When do you expect to travel again?? I'm sure you've posted it before, but I couldn't remember for sure. I thought it was soon though?!

Can't wait to follow you as you bring your youngest daughter home!

God bless!
~Tanya

Mandi said...

Your plate is overflowing just like ours. My husband teaches a college class, I attend college and all four of our kids are in school as well. Busy, Busy, Busy...

Somewhere In The Sun said...

It's always hard to see them growing up! They all look so sweet. I know what you mean about the new driver. It's so scary! But once you get over that, it is SO convenient! :)

~Lynn