Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So, what's been going on around our house...

Well, it has been an eventful time with school starting for everyone. I have started my packing/purchasing for my trip to China. Wow - there is a lot of stuff to take on this trip. I think I had forgotten since last time.

I had a fun idea the other day to start sending my mom care packages each week before we travel to bring Tia home. The packages include some Chinese words and the phonetic pronunciation, some details about China and the cities we will visit, and some fun items for the trip. Her package last week included chop sticks and details about Kunming. I can't tell you about the package for this week because she reads this blog and I don't want to give away the secret - sorry MOM, you will just have to wait a few days. This has really been a great way for me to pass the time while I wait for our TA.

And speaking of our TA, I have some news. Our documents left the NBC and were sent to the Visa center and then to Guangzhou. Our agency expects our Article 5 later this week. I am still earnestly praying for a September travel.

Till later....

4 comments:

TanyaLea said...

SO happy for you!! September travel would be great...we will be praying that for you, too!

And the care packages to your mom...How fun is that?! I bet she is having a blast getting them in the mail. Like a little kid at Christmas...I bet she's stalking the mailman! ;o) LOL!!

Will you be visiting ND when you are in China?? How fun to be able to visit while you are there if it works out.

Tia will be home before you know it!! <><

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

Carrie said...

Hey there TA waiting Mama- I was just wondering, when did your stuff get sent to GZ and how long did you agency says it takes to get this Article 5 thingy? Thanks Carrie
Praying we are with you to China in Sept!

Gretchen said...

I am so happy for you! You are one step behind me! We received our Article 5 11 days after NVC cabled it to them (and that was with it being lost). I am still praying we get TA either in the package this Friday or at the beginning of next week they send another TA package. If not we will be travelling on October 29th...maybe with you!

Carrie said...

Ok i was losing my mond in the wait and didn't know why I could find your blog!
Hugs
Carrie