Sunday, March 29, 2009

False Alarrm

I am not really sure what to say right now - my heart is very heavy. As most of you know, we have been anxiously waiting to hear news on our special needs referral. I received a call yesterday from our agency regarding a little girl. I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw their number on my caller I.D. They carefully set my expectations at the onset of the call. The child they were calling about had special needs that were outside of what we had listed on our special needs checklist. After listening to all of the information and spending some time talking as a family, we realized that this was not the right child for us. It broke my heart to say no.

Please pray that God brings our little girl to us very soon.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Diane,
I am so sorry. I will be praying for you.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh Diane, I'm sorry. I admire your courage.

~Lynn