Friday, March 13, 2009

Gotcha Day and DTC


Wow - what mother could ask for more??? March 13, 2006 I was blessed to meet my daughter Tessa in Nanning, Guangxi China. The picture above was taken just hours after she was placed in our arms. Poor baby had cried herself to sleep. To look back now and realize how far we have come is amazing. It is hard to remember my life without her. I love you baby!!!!


My other excitement is that we will be Dossier To China within the next few days. After 8 months of paperchasing, we have finally reached this milestone. I cannot even describe the relief I feel right now. Just one more step closer to our baby.
Till later...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations on DTC ! We have been paper-chasing for a while now too and hope to be DTC soon.

Lora said...

What a beautiful family. I came here from Lynn's site. (We travelled and met our daughters in Guangxi together last winter.) She mentioned on her blog that Tessa and Olivia resembled each other. My daughter, Ari, sometimes thinks pictures of Olivia are of her. Your "gotcha" picture of Tessa amazed me. These Guangxi girls are so cute. Tessa at gotcha looks a lot like Ariana at gotcha. Check it out! And congrats on your new family member.
Ari sleeping
First meeting

Lora