Friday, September 12, 2008

The Cheese Stands Alone


Well, I am feeling a little lonely in my quest for 7,266 miles. I have only recruited my children so far. Many of you have sent your good wishes, but no one has signed up to join the team. I can't do this one alone....

Anyway, I have successfully walked 3.6 miles so far this week. I actually think I walked a little bit more than that, but my pedometer is not the best. It was only $2, so I guess you get what you pay for. There will be a new pedometer purchase in my future this weekend.

So, now as promised, a little more about the adoption. I know many of you may be thinking "Terry and Diane are off their rocker - they already have four kids". Trust me, I have had the same thoughts at times, but we know this is right. Many of you may have experienced this as well, when you are following God's will for your life, there is a sense of peace. I can't describe it, you just know you are walking where he wants you to be. I am sure there will be days that I question what we are doing, but I know that God has a plan for us.

Anyway, let's talk more about this little girl. Yes, we will be seeking to adopt another little girl from China. Tessa has said for months that she has a sister in China. Well, I plan to bring her home. We are still researching which agency we will work with this time. The entire process has changed so much. So until then, let the paperwork begin. We will only need to "update" our homestudy, but that is still a considerable amount of work. We do plan to adopt a special needs child. This term can be so misleading. What one country may consider as a special need is so easily correctable here in the states. We will request a little bit more mild special need this time. Tessa medical needs came with some challenges. She is doing wonderfully, but it has been a tough road at times.

Tanner will be traveling to China with us this time. He is really excited! I think this will be a great opportunity for him.

Well, I think that will do it for now. I will post a barometer on the page later today, to show the meager miles walked so far this week.


Until later......


1 comment:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Diane, I'm so glad to be able to follow along as you find a Mei Mei!! I totally understand about that peace when you are following God's leading. We stopped worrying about what people think about it a long time ago! :)

~Lynn