Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So, why are we choosing to adopt?



This is a question that I have been asked several times lately. I guess the most accurate reason would be that Terry and I feel this is God's plan for our lives. Also, this picture helps to remind me of the children I met during our last visit to China. Each night, these children go to sleep with no one to hold them and tell them goodnight. I feel very humbled by that.
This has been a very big week for us. We have finally selected an agency. This was not any easy process. I am happy to say that we will be working with A Helping Hand Adoption, http://www.worldadoptions.org/ . They are a wonderful Christian agency based in Lexington, KY.
We are currently in the paperwork stage of our adoption. Since this is our second adoption in less than 5 years, we will only need to update the information. This is not an easy task, but I am trying to learn to enjoy it. lol

Now, an update on our walkers. I have spoken with quite a few people this past week who are joining our walking group - Sherry and Carol are two of our newest converts. They walk 3 miles each day at lunch - WOW!!! Welcome to the group.


Until Friday.....





1 comment:

Hope for Lucy said...

We adopted our Lily Grace in 2006 and are now close to bringing home a Mei Mei for her. You are right to say that much has changed, but God will never change - He is the same today as He was yesterday and as He will be tomorrow. And He will always have a heart for orphans, so we say go get that little Mei Mei!

Love,
Green, Party of Five