Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Need some prayers

I am really needing some prayers lately. As many of you may know, one of the primary stumbling blocks to adoption is the expense. During our adoption with Tessa, God provided what we needed, when we needed it. It was so amazing!!! Well, we are once again facing the need to raise funds for our adoption. I will be hosting a Yard Sale this weekend to help with our initial fees. I have had to break things down a little, just to try and get my head around it. Right now, we are needing $3,200 - this will pay for our home study update, post placement and initial agency fees. So far, we have raised $100 towards our goal. I have installed another meter to show our progress towards this goal.

If you have some ideas on fund raising, I am open to practically anything. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Also, we will be selling adoption awareness bracelets as well. This is something we created during our last adoption as a fund raiser. They are great! It is a purple silicone bracelet, much like the ones from the Lance Armstrong Cancer fundraiser (Livestrong). Ours say, "Adoption...A Child Waits" and then our favorite verse from Jeremiah 29:11. Let me know if you are interested in ourchasing a bracelet or would be able to sell some at your church or work.

No comments: