Monday, September 8, 2008

What's In A Name



You may be questioning the title of our blog. Well, it is actually pretty simple - we have chosen to return to China to bring another child into our family. As many of you may know, we were blessed with the addition of our daughter Tessa from China in 2006. She is an amazing little girl! Since we returned home, I have felt a calling to go back and bring home another child. My dear husband was not so sure about this plan. It has taken two years and a LOT of prayer to bring us to this point. That is where the Mei Mei part comes in. The Chinese word for little sister is Mei Mei. We will have more details about the adoption in a later post.

So, how does that bring about the other elements to the blog name??? Well, when we were completing our adoption paperwork, I had to face the fierce reality that I might need to shed a few pounds. So, I thought what better way to loose weight than to walk. Just for fun, I checked to see the estimated number of miles between Missouri (our home) and China. The total number of miles is 7,266. WOW - that's a lot of walking. Even though the adoption wait has increased greatly over the past two years, I do not think I will be able to walk this entire distance alone. So, that is where my friends and family come in. To help pass the time, I would like to invite all of you to walk with me. Each Friday, just send me your total number of miles walked for the week. That evening, I will update the site with our progress. If you want to participate, just send me an email or comment to this blog. I actually purchased a pedometer for each member of our family. I think I might even try to bring the dogs in on this one...lol

Anyway, just let me know if you want to participate, or just check back weekly to see our progress.


1 comment:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

What a COOL idea! Oh man, I'd have to actually exercise though. Let me think about it...I know I NEED to!

~Lynn