Thursday, July 30, 2009

Three Simple Letters




Yep, just three little letters that mean so much to me right now - LOA. Let me set the stage for this story. I have been cranky lately, just not a nice person to be around. This waiting in adoption is really tough for me. I believe it is because I am a control freak - and yes, God is working on me with that one. Anyway, our wait for LOA has been approximately 71 days. Not as long as some, but long none the less.

Last night, we had a meeting with our church's adoption ministry. These are some amazing people. At the close of the meeting, I asked them to pray for me. I explained to them how I had become tired and weary from the wait. They layed hands on me and prayed some wonderful words of encouragement. When I got home at about 11:00 PM, there was a message from our adoption agency. She asked that I call her if I was still awake. Still awake - I could not dial the phone fast enough!!! She let me know that our LOA is on its way!!! It was mailed from China earlier this week and they should receive it either today or tomorrow. PRAISE GOD!!!!

So, lesson learned - when I finally turn it over to Him - great things happen. I will probably need a reminder of this lesson again - soon.


Till later,

4 comments:

Carrie said...

How wonderful-what great news! We are still waiting day 105! Can your church pray for us! Not that it will bring LOA but maybe just some peace!

Gretchen said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so happy for you! Now onto a LOT of paper work!

Jennifer and Matt said...

Praise the Lord!! I'm so happy for you! We waited 80 days! I know it's tough. Here's praying your TA comes soon.

TanyaLea said...

So happy for you! I guess there is a lot of truth in that common phrase "Let go and let God!!" I know all too well about the whole 'control freak' thing...and how the waiting and patience trait is something that needs continual work and improvement!! I remember a devotion that I once read that said if you find yourself constantly being tested in the same area...chances are that you haven't passed the test yet! Sadly, I'm afraid I'll be taking the 'patience' one over a few times, yet!! Anyhow...I couldn't be happier for you! Can't wait until the day I can post those letters, followed by TA so we can bring our Khloe HOME where she belongs! Can't wait to follow along on the rest of your journey!! :)

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya