Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why We Are Doing This

I was having a pity party today. I think I have refined them to an art form. I should just hold off wearing mascara for a little while, because it was smeared all over my face. This is not a pretty site.

Anyway, at the height of my lament, I received an email from our local FCC group. They had attached a new video from Holt International. The song was by New Song and is entitled Every Child Deserves a Home. Well, I cried a lot more. Definitely no mascara left today!!!

But after my pity party was over I woke up to the realization that this is not about me. I have forgotten why we went into all of this. God called us to adopt a child. This is not about how it makes me feel or my time lines and agendas. It is about a little girl who needs a mom and a dad. This is part of HIS plan, not mine.

I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did.

Till later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQjObgmNbmE

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't watch it I would cry and I need to go to bed-i will see it in the am but I know how you feel, I need to focus more on being prepared for Anna Grace then when Am I leaving and timelines! Thanks for your wisdom!

Connie J said...

Diane, thank you again for sending me this vid yesterday in the midst of our 'pity party.' I just linked it to my blog! Perfect timing, my friend.
Believing God with you!

Nikki said...

Hi Diane! Just wanted to check if you are still interested in the blog makeover! The September discount ends in just a few days, but of course I will be designing blogs after that as well (back at normal price).

Thanks,
Nikki