Wednesday, October 28, 2009



What a Difference a Day Makes

As you can see from the photo, we have a very happy girl today. Tia is fever fee, with a dose of Motrin.

I won't go into all of the details, but will say that yesterday was one of the toughest days I have ever faced as a mother. I had a sick child in a foreign country and could not understand the doctors. It was difficult to know what they were doing to my child and feeling very afraid. I did however learn that I am the voice for my child and I will protect her at any cost. Yes, there are some real frustrations within me right now, but I don't feel comfortable sharing them at this time. Some day I might, but for now I am rejoicing that my child is doing much better and on the road to recovery.

I do still ask for your prayers for her health. We are flying out of here on Friday and she needs to be healthy for her physical. She is also facing some shots, so even more of a reason to covet your prayers.

Thank you so much for all you support

Till later

5 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I am so glad she is better. I can feel your pain in your words. I understand how easy it is to be afraid under the circumstances you have faced. You have lots of people praying for you!

~Lynn

TanyaLea said...

Oh Diane~
I am SO sorry to hear that you have had some rough experiences concerning the doctors there and Tia's health. Rest assured that we are lifting you up in prayer with the others, and trusting that He will see you through! Glad to hear her fever broke and that she is all smiles again. Hang in there!! <><

Big Hugs,
~Tanya

Diana said...

So glad to see her smiling after the fever scare. I can't imagine how upsetting and frightening to not be able to communicate when your child is sick like that. She is just adorable and look at all that wild hair! See you soon....

Diana

Sam said...

I understand what you went through. When we received Kieren in Dec. 2005, she was extremely ill (double ear infections, horrible case of pneumonia, and allergic reaction to anti-biotics). Most of our 2 weeks in GZ was spent at clinics, Children's Hospital, in our room and on the phone with our family doctor. It's so scary! I'm glad your little one is feeling better today!!!

LaLa said...

Glad she is feeling better. She is sooo adorable!! You are one blessed Mommy : )