Friday, October 9, 2009

A Special Little Girl

Since earlier this year, we have had the pleasure of sponsoring a special little girl in China through an organization known as New Day Foster Home . The moment I clicked on their site, I saw the face of a beautiful little girl named Elise. Her smile could lite up a room. We chose to sponsor Elise at New Day, until she found her forever home. Since we had not been matched yet with Tia, it made the wait easier. I would receive monthly pictures of Elise. It was wonderful to watch her grow and pray for her as a family.

Fast forward a few months. Through the wonder of blogs, I had the chance to "meet" Elise' soon to be mommy. Elise is now Khloe (isn't that a beautiful name!) It has been a wonderful experience to walk through our adoption journeys together.


I had made a list of the things I really wanted to do while we were in China - other than GET MY BABY!!! At the top of the list was to meet Khloe. Well, my wish has come true. On Friday, October 23, we will be visiting New Day Foster Home and hanging out with these amazing kids. I cannot wait!!!


I encourage you to check out New Day's site and consider sponsoring one of this awesome children.


Till later....

3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Oh Diane! ~ Thank you for this post!! I've been wondering if you would get to visit NewDay and meet Khloe in person. It blesses my heart to know you will see her. Please do give her a big hug and kiss for me (and say a little silent prayer over her if you get the chance.) And certainly, I wouldn't complain if you HAPPENED to take lots of pictures and maybe even some video while you are there... (wink*wink!) ;-) Seriously though, I am REALLY glad you get to meet her and love on her for awhile. And that you get to see the difference that your sponsorship has made in her life! You will always have a special place in my heart because of it!! I thank God that He crossed our paths and helped us to connect. And I am so glad that I get to 'follow' you as you travel to bring your PRECIOUS Tia home! Know that you will all be in my thoughts and prayers! <><

love & hugs,
~Tanya

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I cannot wait to see picturs of you at New Day. Tanya is such a sweetheart and is going to make a fabulous mommy to Khloe. What a blessing that you are able to connect with her and Khloe. We are Drew's parents. So, when you are there if you could give him a little hug from his family I would so appreciate it.

Blessings,
Mandi

Gretchen said...

I was so happy for Tanya when you told me about this. I too can not wait to see pictures of little Khloe (I'm sure Tanya will be posting them).

I can not wait to see you in China!! See you in a couple of weeks with our babies!!!