Thursday, October 29, 2009









Hello from Kunming!!! It is a much better day today. Tia is back to her old self. We are seeing her true character evolve each day. She is very strong willed, but will listen to her mama. She is such a snuggly baby. She is happy to have me carry her the majority of the time. She is great at be time. I lay her in her crib and rub her back and she is asleep in a few minutes. She sleeps all night, at least 6 - 8 hours.

We had a chance to visit one of the park here in Kunming. The area is famous for their parks. The climate is very nice and the park was full of people enjoying the nice weather. It was so interesting the watch the people exercising and dancing. There were some ladies doing a dance that our guide described as the dance of the minority people. This is an ethnic group that is prevalent in Kunming. The music and movements were beautiful.

Tia has learned to say mama, Tay Tay, bear and Daddy. I think this will melt his heart. She carries around his picture and kisses it. Yep, she will have him wrapped around her little finger in no time. :)

We have met so many wonderful families during our journey. It always amazes me how the adoption community can be so closely joined. We have had a few play dates with Tia's friend from the orphanage. The girls are so much fun to watch.

Tia is doing much better with her fever. We have learned not to skip a dose of Motrin. She had a slight temp this morning, but after the Motrin, she was fine.

I had a chance to speak with Terry today and he told me about all of the wonderful support from many of you. I can never thank you all enough.

We travel to Guangzhou tomorrow. Only 9 more days and we will be home!!!

Till later...

5 comments:

Christine said...

Diane, I am missing you at work already but so glad to read your blog and see your pictures. Tia is so beautiful and I am glad that she is feeling better now. You and Tia are definitely in my prayers.

It made me cry to see that she has already learned to say Tay-Tay, Mommy and Daddy and kisses Terry's picture. That is so sweet!

TanyaLea said...

Oh Diane,
What a little HUNNY your Tia is! I bet Terry is just itching to have you home already!! Tia sure is a precious little peanut and I LOVE her sweet smile! I think it's wonderful that your mom is there with you. What a blessing, indeed! Glad to hear Tia is doing better and that the Motrin is working. I will be nudging you for tips when it comes time for us to travel to Khloe.

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya

Anonymous said...

She is a doll!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you and also understanding of your process at this point in time. Prayin' a safe journey home!
Terry and crew from Spokane

LaLa said...

Oh my goodness...she is such a cutie!! I know you can't wait to get her home!! Enjoy Guangzhou : )

Alyson and Ford said...

She is so cute! So happy all is going batter! Have fun in Guangzhou!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for One Year