Saturday, October 31, 2009



Sorry for the delay in posting. Since we landed in Guangzhou, it seems like we have been on the go. By the time we get back to our room at night, I am too exhausted to blog. I know - amazing that I am too tired to blog. ;)

Anyway, today (10/31) was our medical check. The added complexity of shots for us I 800 families is really tough. I have always hated getting shots for my kids. You just never know how they are going to react. Tia did great! She had 3 shots today and they will do 2 more on Monday. The doctors felt that since she is so small, they should break it up a little. She whimpered for a few seconds and then was back to her normal happy self. It was a very long morning and she did great!

We went to one of my favorite restaurants on the island - Lucy's. Their food is great, and very affordable. I also love their lemon ice tea. Today was also a paperwork day. That is one advantage to the I800, we do not have as much paperwork to complete. After this, we went shopping. My buddy Connie and I put the kids down for their naps and recruited grandma and her husband as babysitters. We did the first of some serious shoe shopping. Sherry's had squeaky shoes - 3 pairs for 40 RMB. That is 5.00 US for 3 pairs of all leather shoes. Not a bad deal at all. Tia can' walk yet, but she has the shoes to practice those first steps.

It is great to see all of the other adoptive families. Many I have met on line through their blogs and now we get to see each other in China. One in particular is my friend Gretchen. We have followed each others blogs since the very beginning and now we are finally here. She is a great lady and very proud mama. Her daughter Ashlyn is a cutie!!!

Since today is Halloween, I thought we would dress Tia up in costume. The one I brought was a size 12 month. It engulfed her, so we decided to pass on this one. I am looking forward to seeing the kids on Skype later, in their costumes.

Till later....

3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

ADORABLE!!! Could she be any cuter?!?...I think NOT!! :)

Such a doll-baby!

donak said...

my password does not work anymore so I haven't been writing. I talk to Terry almost daily though. Tia's really cute! Give her a big hug from us.
Grandma Donna

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Gorgeous!

Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com